Tips For A Beautiful Sunless Tan
Do you want a beautiful, deep tan? The best way to get a great tan is through spray tanning. At $5 Tan, we provide flawless spray tan options that give you the optimal golden glow. These spray tanning tips that will help you achieve the best color possible.
- Exfoliate and Shave: Before your spray tanning session at $5 Tan, you should thoroughly exfoliate your skin and shave any unwanted hair. Focus on exfoliating areas prone to dryness, like the elbows, knees, hands, and the back of the ankles. That will prep your skin to absorb the spray tan solution evenly.
- Avoid Moisturizers and Makeup: On the day of your spray tanning session, do not apply moisturizer, lotion, body oil, makeup, deodorant, and perfumes. You should also avoid waxing or other spa treatments. Having these products on your skin can affect how well the spray tan solution is absorbed.
- Apply Nail Polish: Before your spray tan session, apply nail polish to your fingernails and toenails. That will create a barrier that will prevent the tanning solution from giving your nails discoloration.
- Wear Loose Clothing: Do not wear tight clothing or shoes to your tanning session, as it can rub off the tanning solution after application. Wear loose-fitting clothing and flip-flops to avoid anything rubbing the spray tan.
- Wear Swimwear or Underwear: Once you’re set up in one of the $5 Tan private tanning rooms, disrobe to whatever extent you are comfortable. If you do not wish to tan nude, you can wear either swimwear or underwear. We also offer hair caps, protective eyewear, and lip balm.
- Prep the Skin: Before your session begins, you’ll want to apply a light layer of barrier cream to your skin’s driest areas, including the hands, feet, knees, and cuticles. That will prevent these areas from absorbing too much of the tanning solution.
- Stay Dry for 4 Hours: After your spray tan session with $5 Tan, you’ll want to avoid getting your skin wet for at least four hours. That gives the tanning solution time to absorb into your skin fully. You should steer clear of things like bathing, swimming, or activities that cause sweating during this time. To extend the longevity of your spray tan, you should avoid swimming in chlorinated pools entirely, as chlorine will rapidly break down your spray tan.
- Moisturize Appropriately: To keep your sunless tan for as long as possible, you’ll want to moisturize daily with a post-spray tan lotion. We provide a wide range of sunless tanning products at $5 Tan. Your tanning professional can help you choose the best one to extend the results of your spray tan.
- Avoid Exfoliants: Avoid using things like exfoliants, body scrubs, pore strips, or harsh body washes until you are ready for your next spray tan session. These products will break down your sunless tan quicker and produce uneven color.
Breaking Down the Biggest Spray Tanning Myths
When it comes to spray tanning, there are specific concerns that many people have before they begin. We’re breaking down the most common spray tanning myths right here!
Myth: Spray tanning turns you orange.
One of the biggest myths about spray tans is that they turn you orange. While that may have been true in the past, tanning solutions now have formulas to counter these orange tones. We will customize your solution to produce the most natural-looking color for your skin tone. If you are worried about how the color will look, you can begin with the lightest shade and work your way up to a darker shade with multiple sessions.
Myth: Spray tanning will leave my tan streaky.
Streaks are a common concern for many people when getting a spray tan. The sunless tanning system at $5 Tan delivers a streak-free, even tan. When you exfoliate, shave, and prep properly, you should have the most flawless outcome from your sunless tanning session.
Myth: The tanning spray smells bad.
Tanning solutions respond differently to each person’s unique skin chemistry. There is no way of knowing how the solution may smell on your skin until you have your first spray tan. If you do not like the smell of your spray tan, you have the option to add fragrance to your customizable solution.
Find Your Nearest $5 Tan In Minnesota
If you’re ready to get the perfect golden glow without the sun, look no further than $5 Tan. Our tanning professionals can help you begin your sunless tanning journey with various great products and spray tan options.